Joshua Gordon

My photo
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
I live in Guelph - an artsy, tree hugging university town in Ontario. I work hard to be a creative and innovative influence in the places I find myself. Most of the time that looks like networking with other creatives, researching, or filling up my sketchbook / journal with ideas.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Child Sleeping

Words ache, as I give voice to the deep seated pain buried inside me. They are fleeting and brittle, cracking and fractured by unrest and mounting internal pressure. When finally I am unable to form words any longer, anguished groans fill this place. The sound of my woundedness is resonant and somber, brimming with near-tangible grief and fear and doubt. For a moment, I lay, hiding nothing, hesitantly opening myself. Suddenly and desperately, my pain feels the shock of exposure and I want it hidden once more. I want to shove it as far back within me as possible - but a sweet and gentle Presence stops my hand.With complete tenderness and utter care, the Presence holds my anguished beating heart cupped in His hands. As my splintered emotions pulse in His palms, they are reflected in His eyes; my sadness and the starved desperation I feel move across His face, flickering for scant moments before melting into tears rolling down His cheeks. The cotton soft warmth of love steals over me, filling my chest and abdomen, draining into my legs and glowing up my spine. I feel every other emotion fade with quiet exit gasps. My eyes droop and as the Presence engulfs me, I drift into the comfort of healing sleep.Like a child asleep in the arms of its Father, I slumber. With every slow breath, I am drawn closer to the heart of God.

No comments: