Joshua Gordon

My photo
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
I live in Guelph - an artsy, tree hugging university town in Ontario. I work hard to be a creative and innovative influence in the places I find myself. Most of the time that looks like networking with other creatives, researching, or filling up my sketchbook / journal with ideas.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

my friends inspire... self reflection and twinges of guilt.

(in response to 'timeless', a post by ~m)

oh my gosh, yes, i remember those nights; they're especially cold in my memory, ~m.

and yes, it's incredibly easy to waste time. with my job, i find i have lots and lots and lots of free time during the day when the guys are at their programs. I wish i had stacks upon stacks of writing to point to as evidence of my free hours, but alas and alack. i have nothing. i have spent far too much time making just one more peanut butter and banana sandwich, watching just one more episode of friends or 24, or checking my email just one more time.

its ridiculous to think that there are coffee shops and bookstores and awesome websites and fantastic stories out there - all waiting to be discovered and i let them dissolve into shadowy half-realities. at the expense of what?

um... well, i had a really good peanut butter and banana sandwich the other day...

crap.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

grab hold of those shadowy half-realities and pull them into reality! I think this is how it is to be an artist? Peanut Butter Sandwiches trump Art automatically so maybe we have to Choose to let Art trump everything else...

Freek said...

you're a talented writer, don't withhold it from the world! We want it (I know a good group you could join, helping artists to discipline, it's called "Create" :)