Joshua Gordon

My photo
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
I live in Guelph - an artsy, tree hugging university town in Ontario. I work hard to be a creative and innovative influence in the places I find myself. Most of the time that looks like networking with other creatives, researching, or filling up my sketchbook / journal with ideas.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dear OakPark

Dear OakPark,

It's Josh Gordon here. I wanted to let you know that this April is our first anniversary - marking a whole 12 months of fantastic time spent together!! It's true. Since first stumbling across this church (via Worship Pastor Shawn) one year ago, Sarah and I have been completely smitten with y'all. You are beautiful, you smashing-group-of-people you.

That's why it's crushing to face the reality of leaving. As a lot of you people out the OakPark universe are finding out, Sarah and I are moving to Ontario in the first week of May. This decision for us is tinted with regret - and broad strokes of exitement. You see, the primary impetus for this decision is the impending birth of our first child (due June 10th). Our families live in Ontario, and we believe that it's best for us to be closer to them during this next stage of our lives. We're thrilled to be able to interact with both sides of our families - but we're crushed to leave.

And so, in honour of our time together, I've decided to celebrate our first anniversary with a look back over the last 52 Sundays. I've compiled a 'top ten list' of things that I personally have come to love about this church family. It's a shame to have to condense the long list down to ten, but somehow 'Josh's Top 432' doesn't have quite the same ring to it...

Anyways, y'all, here it goes:

Josh's Favourite Things about Oak Park Church of Christ
  1. CREATE (my small group)
  2. playing bass for worship band
  3. 'Art in the Park'
  4. gettting lost in post-church conversation
  5. the awesome intro-video for 'sermon on the mount' series
  6. shawn's blog
  7. www.mypark.ca
  8. Frake's worship paintings
  9. the sunday coffee :)
  10. the colour of the new stucco
While this is by no means an exhaustive list, it does highlight a few of the things that have come to mean a lot to me this past year. OakPark, you're so amazing. You are beautiful, and have so much to look forward to.

Our romance was far too brief; please believe me when I say that it's not you, it's me.

Sincerely,

Josh Gordon


No comments: