Joshua Gordon

My photo
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
I live in Guelph - an artsy, tree hugging university town in Ontario. I work hard to be a creative and innovative influence in the places I find myself. Most of the time that looks like networking with other creatives, researching, or filling up my sketchbook / journal with ideas.

Monday, January 5, 2009

prayer retreat journaling #1

after a xmas break like i've experienced and all of the emotion and the breakneck pace of my internal processing, I find myself in a confused and wandering place.

i'm at a crossroads that feels like less of a crossroads and more of a maze. a truly dizzying array of options, choices, and pressing decisions whirl at torrid speeds in my mind. i've not been this lost in so long and part of me desperately hopes this week will quiet the incessant buzzing.

and yet, despite all of my anxiety and confusion, there is an island of peace. I feel it in my core, a tiny world of quiet, existing timelessly, regardless of the noise outside.

I cling to This. It is my Anchor and Guiding Star.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I found your blog! Yay! All I can say is, if you are in a maze right now there is a good chance of being serenaded by David Bowie.